Monday 8 July 2013

Chroma Key Workshop

I took part in a workshop that allowed me to learn about the use of chroma key. I learnt about the way chroma key works and when it is most likely used. I then further researched into how chroma key is used in music videos and found that it is sometimes utilised.
In the workshop we were able to create our own short chroma key piece of film using green screen and the 3 point lighting technique.
Here are some screen-shots of our original footage using the green screen:






















Using this footage, we uploaded it onto the computer and edited it together with the background using the software 'Adobe Premier Pro'. Here is our final product:
This workshop has taught me how to use chroma key and has therefore given me the option of using it in my music video which I am seriously considering. However, in order to use this technique in my final piece of work I will need to improve on a number of things, for example making sure my actors stay in the frame at all times in order to avoid them disappearing out of the side of the shot into nothing when the editing is finished. Also I will need to find my own locations to film my own backgrounds. I will also look into other lighting techniques, perhaps using more than 3 lights to help make my use of chroma key in my music video look as professional as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment