Wednesday 27 November 2013

Inspiration

Whilst deconstructing existing music videos similar to the one I want to create, I have found a few shots that have inspired me. For example this shot from Mumford and Sons- I Will Wait:
It shows the whole crowd, emphasising it's size and the popularity of the band. Although I may not be able to film a crowd of the same size as this I want to try and use the same angle and height in a shot for my video in order to get the same sort of effect that this shot has.

Another example is this shot from Muse- Resistance:
This shot shows just one member of the band playing their instrument. I want to have singular shots of each the members in my band as well as all them together. This will help to create an individuality for each of my band members as well as making them look like a band. It will also keep my video interesting and exciting and appeal to my target audience.

The lighting in this shot from Coldplay- Fix You has also inspired me:
I want to try and recreate this bright lighting effect but change it to suit my video. My aim is to use a stage light behind my band members in order to make a shadowy, silhouette shot of one of my members playing guitar. I think it will add a lot of value to my music video and will look physically appealing to the audience.

Finally, this shot from 3 Doors Down- Every time You Go has given me an idea of how I can be filming when I film my band live. This low angle shot puts the audience in the postition of the crowd watching the band, something that I wish to recreate in my music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment